[Swan-dev] cannot compile libreswan 3.28: error: missing initializer for field ?isag_reserved? of ?struct isakmp_generic?

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Fri May 24 18:45:05 UTC 2019

| From: Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca>

| I would prefer we compile on more compilers/settings,

I don't know what that means.

If it means that we should write portable C code, I'm all for it and
try to be vigilant about it.  I have lost some battles about
incorporating GCCisms (sometimes for significant wins and sometimes not).

| and we do
| initialize all items.

I think that you mean "explicitly initialize".

We certainly don't do that and don't intend to do that.  I don't think
that we should aspire to that.

| Although I thought this was only an issue for
| us on really old compilers (like RHEL6/CentOS6)

It depends on what the fine print of the meaning of the flag is.  It
also depends on whether the flag is implied by -Wall or some other
catch-all flag.  Those might vary with versions of a compiler.