[Swan-dev] when debugging is enabled, can pluto's whack messages be debug-logged?

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Wed May 22 20:54:58 UTC 2019

On Wed, 22 May 2019, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> Things like "ipsec status" use whack_log() which only send output to whack.
> Presumably this is to stop the log file filling up with "noise" when
> there's a cron job pulling stats every minute (or even second) (but
> when debugging is enabled we don't care).

We also don't want the user to see 4 screens of dbg() messages on the
whack socket.

If this only goes one way, eg whack output also goes to dbg(), than I
think that's okay. Although I suspect some grep's in final.sh in testing
will need updates then. But it shouldn't go the other way - dbg
shouldn't go to the whack socket.