[Swan-dev] logging interface's SO_{SND,RCV}BUF values

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Tue May 14 17:20:38 UTC 2019

On Tue, 14 May 2019 at 13:04, Antony Antony <antony at phenome.org> wrote:

> On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 10:40:49AM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> > I'd like to log the SO_{SND,RCV}BUF sizes for each interface (as best
>
> is this going to be dynamic? would there be what is set and what is
> current(can we read the current buffer levels?)

Interesting questions:

- the global pluto_sock_bufsize contains what it should be set and it
can be different to what getsockopt() returns so we might as well dump
both values (a whack command to change the value doesn't take effect
until the interfaces are re-opened)

- I've not seen anything to dump how full the buffer currently is (but
that's probably because I've not looked that hard)