[Swan-dev] logging interface's SO_{SND,RCV}BUF values

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Tue May 14 14:40:49 UTC 2019

I'd like to log the SO_{SND,RCV}BUF sizes for each interface (as best
I can tell we've no way to validate that interfaces are correctly
configured using ike-socket-bufsize et.al.).
So my question is where should it be added?

- there's show_ifaces_status(void) called by 'show status' which looks like:
      "interface %s/%s %s@%d",
 so I could append the values to the end of the line, or add a second line
 I don't really like this, 'show status' already suffers from TMI.

- there's 'show globalstatus' which dumps other stats in the format:
     key=value
  but it doesn't seem to list interfaces at all, I guess I'd invent my own keys

- and there's always the option of adding 'show interfacestatus' ...
  hopefully not two painful, and as for output I'd probably print key=value

The middle option seems most straight forward while the last option
one seems to be the general trend.  However the last option also seems
to crying for a way for whack to tell pluto to dump a heap of stats as
a single operation:
     show trafficstatus shuntstatus interfacestatus statstatus ....
perhaps that works?

preference?

Andrew