[Swan-dev] testing hangs for me

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Thu Mar 21 03:49:13 UTC 2019

| From: Andrew Cagney <andrew.cagney at gmail.com>

| Next I'm trying:
|    dnf downgrade python3

Andrew seems to have found a Python bug report for this bug.  No fix,
but a bug report:

<https://bugs.python.org/issue35866?>

WORKAROUND:

For me, the last working packages for Fedora 29 are:

<https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/python3/3.7.1/4.fc29/x86_64/python3-3.7.1-4.fc29.x86_64.rpm>
<https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/python3/3.7.1/4.fc29/x86_64/python3-libs-3.7.1-4.fc29.x86_64.rpm>

These and related packages can be found for multiple architectures and
Fedora releases:
<https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1166440>

I think that you can downgrade your system by doing a
	sudo dnf install \
https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/python3/3.7.1/4.fc29/x86_64/python3-3.7.1-4.fc29.x86_64.rpm \
https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/python3/3.7.1/4.fc29/x86_64/python3-libs-3.7.1-4.fc29.x86_64.rpm

I haven't tried that.  Instead, I downloaded the files to my machine
and used a file path to refer to them.  I think that the path needs a
/ in it to distinguish it from a package name:

	sudo dnf install \
		./python3-3.7.1-4.fc29.x86_64.rpm \
		./python3-libs-3.7.1-4.fc29.x86_64.rpm