[Swan-dev] whack log and libreswan_log()

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Thu Mar 7 03:01:24 UTC 2019

Andrew fixed the libreswan_log() causing whack output changes with:

-               libreswan_log("IKE delete_state for %lu but connection '%s' is supposed to remain up. schedule EVENT_INIT_CONN",
-                              st == NULL ? 0 : st->st_serialno,
                                c->name);
+               /* not whack */
+               LSWLOG_LOG(buf) {
+                       lswlogf(buf, "IKE delete_state for %lu but connection '%s' is supposed to remain up. schedule EVENT_INIT_CONN",
+                               st == NULL ? 0 : st->st_serialno, c->name);

Other than that I hate we still increasing instead of decreasing our
logging functions, this change is unexpected. AFAIK, libreswan_log()
caused a log message to the logs, not on the whack socket. When did
this change? You specifically had to use loglog(RC_*, ....) to get
into the whack log.

There are a lot of calls to libreswan_log() that should not appear
on a whack socket.