[Swan-dev] KVM memory size

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 21:14:14 UTC 2019

On Thu, 27 Jun 2019 at 15:24, Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca> wrote:

> I build rpms on east or west usually. I guess I could use the “build” machine but that sounds more complicated if I need to do them a lot to test something.

OTOH, the memory requirements for normal testing just doubled :-(

Building and installing on "build" then cloning to the test VMs is
much faster.  If you're doing it a lot then perhaps a make target that
automates the entire sequence which is something like:

make kvm-uninstall-test-domains
./testing/utils/kvmsh.py --shutdown --chdir . build rpmbuild
make kvm-install-test-domains

?