[Swan-dev] testing vms to F30

Antony Antony antony at phenome.org
Mon Jun 17 07:54:12 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 02:15:35AM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> | From: Antony Antony <antony at phenome.org>
>
> | KVM_OS=fedora30
> | KVM_OS_VARIANT = fedora28
>
> What does that mean?
>
> It seems to suggest that fedra 30 is a variant of fedora 28.  That is
> neither true nor should it be of interest to our system.
>
> Does it mean the host is Fedora 30 and the guests are fedora28?
> If so, the variable names should be changed to reflect that.

It means the host is F28 and guests will be F30.

It is passed to virt-install

--os-variant $(KVM_OS_VARIANT)

KVM/qemu on the host do not recognize F30 as a guest os-variant. It should
be OK to force it to F28 if your host is F28.

to get a list of supported Fedora variants
osinfo-query --fields=short-id,version os vendor="Fedora Project"

> | I have disabled selinux on the guest VM for now. It failes to start
> network,
> | systemctl start systemd-networkd
>
> That's too bad.  SELinux is enabled on lots of real deployments of
> Libreswan and we ought to be testing to see if that works.

I let SELinux experts discuss and decide an appropriate solution.