[Swan-dev] testing vms to F30

Tuomo Soini tis at foobar.fi
Mon Jun 17 06:37:49 UTC 2019

On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 02:15:35 -0400 (EDT)
"D. Hugh Redelmeier" <hugh at mimosa.com> wrote:

> What does that mean?
>
> It seems to suggest that fedra 30 is a variant of fedora 28.  That is
> neither true nor should it be of interest to our system.
>
> Does it mean the host is Fedora 30 and the guests are fedora28?
> If so, the variable names should be changed to reflect that.
>
> | I have disabled selinux on the guest VM for now. It failes to start
> network, | systemctl start systemd-networkd
>
> That's too bad.  SELinux is enabled on lots of real deployments of
> Libreswan and we ought to be testing to see if that works.

Testing is constructed differently from normal system and SELinux can't
be tested in testing at all. And another problem is we don't run
regular daily/weekly upates to testing VMs so SELinux policy doesn't
get updates so testing SELinux is giving us false results meaning we
should be testing SELinux part on normal machines which are not using
our testing harness.

--
Tuomo Soini <tis at foobar.fi>
Foobar Linux services