[Swan-dev] Q: mobike on kernel without mobike: load or not load the connection

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Wed Jun 12 17:20:05 UTC 2019

My feeling (based on no knowledge or experience with mobike):

- there seem to be two interpretations of what mobike=yes should mean

- both are logical (but are both useful?)

- my sympathy is with the strict interpretation

- both could be expressed if we added mobike=auto

Often warnings just get lost or ignored.

When would one use each of these in a conn:
	mobike=no
	mobike=auto
	mobike=yes

If one of those would never be used, that should cause one to rethink my
proposal.

If there is no cost to "auto" (no security cost, no payload cost, no
interop cost) then perhaps the whole mobike feature should just be
hardwired to auto and the conn option should be removed.