[Swan-dev] "route" vs "ondemand"

Tuomo Soini tis at foobar.fi
Wed Jul 3 15:11:52 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2 Jul 2019 23:56:44 -0400 (EDT)
Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca> wrote:

> Are you mising up ipsec auto --route with auto=ondemand? I wasn't
> aware we obsoleted it there too. But I see we support ipsec auto
> --ondemand, so I guess we did. So in that case I guess we can update
> it all to use --ondemand in documentation and examples.

ipsec auto --ondemand is different from ipsec auto --route

ipsec auto --route requires connection to be added before, just like
ipsec auto --up requires connection to be added before.

ipsec auto --start does --add + --up
ipsec auto --ondemand does --add + --route

So while we have changed auto=route to auto=ondemand that doesn't mean
we want to remove command line option --route which is different.

--
Tuomo Soini <tis at foobar.fi>
Foobar Linux services