[Swan-dev] test cases to look into before release

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Thu Jan 24 05:06:12 UTC 2019

On Mon, 21 Jan 2019, Paul Wouters wrote:

> - ikev2-26-keyingtries

Fixed - it used the wrong EVENT type

> - interop-ikev2-strongswan-04-x509-responder-certreq

Deleted. The test was wrong. It tested receiving certreq on
responder, but it is responder that first should send sendreq.

> - newoe-27-replace-sa (cannot install eroute -- it is in use)

There are two test cases, newoe-27-replace-sa and
newoe-27-replace-sa-authnull.  It was confusing. I had renamed them
but only afterwards realised it was wrong and renamed them back. in the
current names, newoe-27-replace-sa-authnull starts an authenticated conn,
kills pluto and then starts a similar anonymous ipsec conn. east should
not replace the authenticated conn with an unauthenticated one. this
works properly. In the test case newoe-27-replace-sa an unauthenticated
tunnel is replaced with an identical unauthenticated one. This does not
work properly. The second tunnel gets "cannot install eroute" and fails
to replace the conn. Git bisect shows the problem is caused by commit
d3a455723a7c13ce

> - netkey-vti-09: lies about different marks on different conns but marks
>  are not different

I fixed up some changed output, but the updown script is lying. The two
conns are identical for mark/VTI and should be sharable but it says it
cannot? Tuomo? Check or leave until xfrmi interfaces?

> - ikev2-55-ipseckey* test fail to find key even after regenerating DNSSEC?

Did not have a look at these yet.

> - ikev2-03-basic-rawrsa-ckaid bug in CKAID code ?

It's a bug, but after talking to Andrew seems it is not a regression.
This has never worked properly. So this is no longer a blocker bug.

> - ikev2-child-01-pfs-no-downgrade-no new failure of conn supposed to come up

This also seems to have never worked properly? One connection test is
commented out and one conn that should come up fails. I think there
might be an issue of first conn with IKE settings versus other conn's
IKE settings. It might be better to split this into separate tests,
and bring up each conn and then on east do a rekey via --up.

Then, a new bug I found, which we also must have had since the beginning
of supporting ipcomp with xfrm is that we do not clean up all the
compression state on delete. an xfrm state and policy lingers
afterwards. This should be fixed before release.