[Swan-dev] pluto: rename and remodularize emit_v2N*

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Thu Jan 3 15:18:30 UTC 2019

On Thu, 3 Jan 2019, Andrew Cagney wrote:

>>     pluto: rename and remodularize emit_v2N*
>
> Why?   We had emit_v2V() emit_v2N() emit_v2UNKNOWN() et.al., now we don't?

The goal was to be able to pass a struct as well so we don't have to
build up chunks and do any ntoh/hton stuff manually. For example for
the compression and redirect notify payloads.

> These assertions were removed.  Why?
>
> passert((protoid == PROTO_v2_RESERVED) == (spi == NULL));
> passert((protoid == PROTO_v2_AH || protoid == PROTO_v2_ESP) == (spi != NULL));

I don't know but some did not make much sense?

>>     - changed emit_* to out_* so uncommited change won't silently fail
>
> I've no clue what this even means?

Rename the function so any old callers will break until you fix them up
to the new function name.