[Swan-dev] tools for detecting NSS object leaks

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Thu Feb 14 20:46:53 UTC 2019

| From: Andrew Cagney <andrew.cagney at gmail.com>
|
| The awk script:
|    testing/utils/count-pointers.awk
| was written to track NSS pointers.  It assumes that they are
| debug-logged in a consistent way.  Invoke it as:

That looks useful.

| hmm, bit-root.

Yeah.

I don't know where this is documented.  I didn't know/remember it.  So
I could have contributed to the bit rot.

Could you document this?

I put some tentative bits as comments in the script itself.

I suspect that we should encapsulate this in logging functions so that
it gets done consistently.  This encapsulation would serve as a form of
documentation.

To some extent reference_symkey and release_symkey do this but I don't
think that there's one for a new symkey.

Could this script be useful and cheap enough to run after each test on
each Pluto log?