[Swan-dev] tools for detecting NSS object leaks

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Wed Feb 13 21:44:33 UTC 2019

I spent yesterday discovering and fixing a few leaks of PK11SymKey
objects.  I happened upon them by reading and trying to understand the
code.

Do we have any good tools that would help discover leaks of NSS objects?

Even a count of live objects would be useful: we could log this at various
times and then look for anomalies.

Leak Detective doesn't work on NSS objects.  I guess we could wrap them
but that seems awkward and a lot of work.

I understand that valgrind could do the job, but I'd prefer something that
could be enabled in all our tests.