[Swan-dev] new test failures

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 18:24:06 UTC 2019

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 at 10:16, Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca> wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Feb 2019, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
>
> > I ran the tests last evening.  The new failures look simple to fix.
> >
> > I include a diff of the summary from the previous run
> > (summary produced by "testing/utils/kvmresults.py testing/pluto/").
>
> I'm going to ignore the changes due to andrew's algorithm changes from
> the last few days, assuming those will be updated.

It would be from more algorithms being added to defaults.  But there's
another change I think needs to follow.  Namely changing the way IKE
proposals are formatted.  Namely remove the smart that suppresses
<integ>, so that what was:

  AES_CBC-HMAC_SHA1-DH31
  AES_GCM_16-HMAC_SHA1-DH31

becomes the longer:

  AES_CBC-HMAC_SHA1-HMAC_SHA1_96-DH31
  AES_GCM_16-HMAC_SHA1-NONE-DH31

thoughts?

> Ah few cases got their default key size to go from 128 to 256? Probably
> as a result of the proposal parser changes? I'm fine with that. Let uses

I'll look at this.  It wasn't expected.  IKE proposals should prefer
256 while ESP proposals should prefer 128.