[Swan-dev] sending raw bytes not logged since c5f6b12e9

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Tue Feb 12 14:49:36 UTC 2019

| From: Antony Antony <antony at phenome.org>

| I think sending raw bytes are not TMI.

I wondered where that stuff went.  Not enough to track it down.
Thanks for figuring it out.

|  may be it is a matter of taste.

Surely.

I don't stare at debug output that much.  When I do, I use the
received and sending raw bytes as anchors for my analysis.

For example, I look to see where one side gets the bytes sent by the
other side.  This allows clear correlation between logs.

So I'd like them to be included.  (I'd also like to see the raw
clear-text too.  I don't know if that's still there.)

Note: any changes, as in the introduction of TMI, are likely to
disrupt log users.  Either the users or the code must adjust.