[Swan-dev] testing/pluto/ikev2-03-basic-rawrsa-ckaid

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sat Feb 2 22:51:35 UTC 2019

| From: Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca>
|
| Because of the raw pub key not being in secrets and then we cannot find it.
|
| It’s a bug but an old one. It might be triggered now with some secrets file install change

So: is this test known to fail?

If it is, it is a waste of time and a cognative burden for each person
testing.

- we need an announced category of "expected failures"

- we need reference logs reflecting such bugs so that when something
  changes in the output we get a signal.

- if the expected failure creates non-deterministic results, we need
  to declare that too

I'm reporting a bunch of failures because I don't want to waste a lot
of time ignoring them.  That sounds like a contradiction but I have to
analyze them enough each time to decide to ignore them.

The alternative is to ignore any test that failed "before".  That's
negligent, but it's what most of us do.