[Swan-dev] please update reference logs to reflect code changes

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Fri Feb 1 05:30:03 UTC 2019

| From: Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca>

| I fixed some of these, but some are getting a timeout despite
| retransmit-timeout=10s for taking more then 60s.

I think that you are dealing with a deeper problem than the one I
pointed out.

You changed the loglog call to generate a more detailed message
so you should change the reference logs to reflect this:

Old:
loglog(RC_LOG_SERIOUS, "No matching subjectAltName found");
New:
loglog(RC_LOG_SERIOUS, "No matching subjectAltName found for '%s'", name);

That change seems useful.
Just update the reference logs.

(The only thing I've done today is to look at test suite failures to
attempt to decide if they were caused by my latest changes.  This is a
horrible waste of time.  We should have close-to-zero tolerance for
test suite failures so we can be more productive.  A lot more
productive.)

| The origin
| of this is the whack not getting properly released. I had
| worked around this for others by adding retransmit-timeout=10s
| but that did not seem to fix it here?
|
| I guess it is time to find the whack handle leak :/

It sure is!  That's exactly what test suites are meant to provoke.