[Swan-dev] revival, was Fwd: [Swan-commit] Changes to ref refs/heads/master

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 03:01:22 UTC 2019

On Thu, 12 Dec 2019 at 14:50, Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca> wrote:

> This is not correct!
>
> Aliased connections with auto=start must get revived. Similar for narrowing=yes connections which become instances.

The revival code uses c->name as the connection identifier, not
c->connalias.  So if a connection brought up using an alias goes down
then c->name should re-find it.

However, for instances, things seem more interesting.  Is there a test
I should look at?  My assumption was that by the time revival occurred
the connection instance should be long gone?

(As an aside, conn_by_name() re-orders the connection list - so if
both the conn and its instance were in the list then luck would
determine which was found).