[Swan-dev] man pages for our library routines

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Thu Aug 22 20:46:01 UTC 2019

> On Aug 22, 2019, at 15:33, Andrew Cagney <andrew.cagney at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> I suspect at some point there was also a library so installing the man
> pages did made sense.  That's no longer the case.

No, it was never a real library. It was basically freeswan developer information in the form of man pages. It was good but they were also already littered with “this function is obsolete and will go away” which was a lie.

I stopped installing them because there were no real consumers for these and they were full of warnings from automatic lint tools etc and they were crappily converted from nroff to xml by me.

> They're neither read nor maintained because they are external to the
> source code (and honestly reading the source is more reliable).

I agree