[Swan-dev] Git Breakage - blapi.h (fwd)

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Sep 19 12:39:27 UTC 2018

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 08:34:53AM -0400,  wrote:
> I think the library is called libfreebl3 on Debian, so change -lfreebl
> to -lfreebl3 and see if that helps.
>
> Debian does not put up with upstreams that don't understand how to
> version their ABIs and will do it for them if necesary.
>
> Looking at the source for nss, blapit.h is listed in manifest.mn as
> EXPORT.  blapi.h is listed as PRIVATE_EXPORTS.  Debian ships the public
> headers, not the private ones.  So either nss is wrong in flagging it
> as private, or libreswan is wrong in trying to use a private header file.
> My initial guess would be the last option.

Looking at the git history it looks like blapi.h was made private and not
supposed to be used by others in 2003.  So yeah libreswan should not be
including it.  Including blapit.h is the one used by public header files.

https://github.com/nss-dev/nss/commit/aee02a249f905e907784536b6f5ebe876bf26021

--
Len Sorensen