[Swan-dev] why, in ah-pluto-01, does libreswan emit an ESP proposal

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 00:54:52 UTC 2018

It turns out that, when phase2=ah (i.e., POLICY_AUTHENTICATE), IKEv1's
defaults, since before the start of time have been:

static struct db_prop_conj ah_props[] = {
    { AD(ah_pc) },
#ifdef SUPPORT_ESP_NULL
    { AD(espnull_pc) }
#endif
    };

I.e., in addition to AH, emit an ESP proposal with no encryption.
It's just that it never worked.
Should the second line be dropped?

Andrew