[Swan-dev] issues based on last night's laptop run that need to be fixed / explained before release

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Tue Oct 2 23:50:49 UTC 2018

On Mon, 1 Oct 2018, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> I'm not seeing these FIPS falures?

Odd.

I see:

[root at west ~]# /usr/bin/fipscheck /usr/local/libexec/ipsec/pluto
[root at west ~]# echo $?
1

According to the man page this means:        1 Checksum mismatch

[root at west ~]# ls -l /usr/local/libexec/ipsec/pluto /usr/local/libexec/ipsec/.pluto.hmac
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 8424104 Oct  1 19:46 /usr/local/libexec/ipsec/pluto
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root      65 Aug 23 19:41 /usr/local/libexec/ipsec/.pluto.hmac

Hmm, First I blamed 'make install-base' but 'make install' also didn't
write the file there. I also don't see the .hmac file for pluto in /usr/lib64/fipscheck

It seems 'make install-fipshmac' installs it.

I guess that makes sense since we do this manually in the spec file for
rpm and otherwise the two would clash. So I think we should remove the
handling in the spec file and have install-fipsmac called when invoking
'install' or 'install-base'. Although depending on the fipscheck
version, we want the hmac file in a different location. Perhaps a
variable we can set in make/rpm ?

Paul