[Swan-dev] whack --debug {base,crypt,private,more}

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 14:15:10 UTC 2018

Time to paint a boat shed.  These are my suggestions:

base: it replaces "all"
crypt: anything that might accidentally leak crypto material and,
typically, is TMI
more: stuff that normally isn't helpful
private: crypto compliance stuff that really should be switched to a log flag

I don't think there should be "all" (except, perhaps short term have
it map onto base).

As for implementation, I was thinking of my usual quick and nasty
approach of defining most of the old flags as DBG_BASE - what matters
here is the UI.  Then, as things switch to using dbg() they will go
away.

Andrew