[Swan-dev] testing yesterday's tree

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Tue May 15 14:11:10 UTC 2018

On 15 May 2018 at 00:24, Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca> wrote:
>> packets lost
>> testing/pluto/ikev2-delete-05-sa-start failed west:output-different
>> testing/pluto/ikev1-algo-esp-sha2-01-netkey-klips failed
>> west:output-different
>> testing/pluto/ikev1-algo-esp-sha2-02-netkey-klips failed
>> west:output-different
>> testing/pluto/interop-ikev2-strongswan-39-mobike-responder failed
>> east:output-different road:output-different
>

> That's hard to always get right, unfortunately it differs per test
> machine.
>
>> SA established late?
>> testing/pluto/ikev2-delete-06-start-both failed west:output-different
>

> I only got a packet loss here :)

We should be able to account for all packets sent and received - our
transport is reliable.  Unfortunately:

- the way ping is used (or some would argue, ping itself) isn't very
robust.  As a simple example, the first ping below is
non-deterministic (it can send one or two ping packets):

ping -q      -w 1 -n -c 1 "$@"
ping -q -i 2 -w 1 -n -c 1 "$@"

(see one-ping.sh)

- I'm beginning to wonder if there's a race between whack
--trafficstatus showing a connection being up and a connection being
up?