[Swan-dev] "whack --impair list" include help?

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Thu May 3 15:10:21 UTC 2018

Hi,

A tweak I've got sitting here is to modify the output of:

$ whack --impair list
impair options:
  proposal-parser

so it includes more information vis:

$ whack --impair list
impair options:
  proposal-parser: disable proposal parser smarts so that proposals
are fed, verbatim, into pluto

(I can never remember the correct name for impair options, and finding
the answer is tedious :-)

The catch is in the implementation.  Rather than have each option
documented twice (both as a comment in pluto_constans.h  and a string
in impair.c), I was thinking of removing the comments from
pluto_constants.h and instead having things documented in impair.c (I
don't like redundancy).

thoughts,

Andrew