[Swan-dev] electric fence and test results

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 16:35:38 UTC 2018

The testsuite's been running with them enabled for a while now so we
can see the effect.  Antony's addition of a sanitizer means things
just worked (even turned up a now-fixed bug).  The only problem seems
to be with the seccomp tests.  Presumably because electric fence wants
to use new and interesting system calls, for instance:

http://testing.libreswan.org/results/v3.22-1180-gf7c4a39-master/seccomp-02-tolerant/OUTPUT/west.console.diff

+#0  0x00007f7336fee3b7 in madvise () at ../sysdeps/unix/syscall-template.S:81
+81 T_PSEUDO (SYSCALL_SYMBOL, SYSCALL_NAME, SYSCALL_NARGS)
+#0  0x00007f7336fee3b7 in madvise () at ../sysdeps/unix/syscall-template.S:81
+#1  0x00007f73372b4457 in Page_Delete (address=<optimized out>,
size=<optimized out>) at page.c:166

If there's an easy way to disable electric fence for just one test
then please tweak (my simplistic pokeing didn't work).  Else, I guess
the question becomes should these system calls be added?

Andrew