[Swan-dev] using fedora 28 as host

Antony Antony antony at phenome.org
Wed Jun 27 18:02:36 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 01:34:49PM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jun 2018 at 10:58, Antony Antony <antony at nohats.ca> wrote:
>
> > Upgrading Strongswan to what comes with F28 will need some work.
> > It is better to do it at once. Initially I am forcing the installation to use an older version, what is used with F22.
> > May be "ipsec look" need more fixing, but we will see.
>
> Is sounds like something that can separately, and before switching to
> a newer Fedora release?  We already bundle a custom strongswan.

It is easier to fix it one time when we switch the latest Fedora, that is my take.
Otherwise you have to run two versions side by side and converge.
Which need a lot more time as each run would take a good part of a day.

Strongswan we can keep using the same version as in F22. It is good enough for now.

I gues no takers for this idea, switching to F28 when the results are stable.

-antony