[Swan-dev] "make deb" broken on master at the last moment before the release

Antony Antony antony at phenome.org
Wed Jun 27 17:33:52 UTC 2018

commit f2cd694bb broke "make deb" on master.
It is strange to see a last minute regression!

dpkg-source: error: cannot read libreswan/debian/patches/0003-update-README.nss-to-match-debian-defaults-for-IPSEC.patch: No such file or directory
dpkg-buildpackage: error: dpkg-source -i --before-build libreswan su

I think it is better to leave the patch there.
If someone read README.nss they can copy paste the examples.
That is my feeling. Though I haven't used it. And dkg is going to leave it in debian.

Just adding difference at the top is not a good idea.
"By default the NSS db is created in /etc/ipsec.d/ on RHEL/Fedora/CentOS
but in /var/lib/ipsec/nss/ on Debian/Ubuntu. The remainder of this file
uses /etc/ipsec.d/ in the examples."

Now the README.nss examples, such as bellow, are useless on debian.
Later on there are examples which will be confusing, and can't copy and paste.
certutil -M -n cacert1 -t "CT,," -d sql:/etc/ipsec.d

So I suggest to revert f2cd694

-antony