[Swan-dev] using fedora 28 as host

Antony Antony antony at phenome.org
Thu Jun 21 14:58:15 UTC 2018

As soon as the 3.24 is released lets move to F28 guests for tests.
My initial experiments look promising. I committed .ks and .mk for F28.
During the past few weeks I ran tests a few times with F28.
I think about 480 - 500 tests will migrate easily. The rest, some will
need fixing in output. Some output changes are probably the typical noise.

Upgrading Strongswan to what comes with F28 will need some work.
It is better to do it at once. Initially I am forcing the installation to use an older version, what is used with F22.
May be "ipsec look" need more fixing, but we will see.

A good time move would be right after the release
After the release hold on to commits for few more days, to fix the differences in output due to F28. I guess it may take 2-4 days at least. If we can co-ordinate it.

-antony