[Swan-dev] Single script file for tests

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 14:40:48 UTC 2018

On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 at 13:06, Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca> wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Jul 2017, Ondrej Moris wrote:
>
> > Yes, please. It would be even better to have init, run and final
> > merged together so that the whole testing procedure can be written
> > into a single file. Something like
> >
> > # cat test.sh
> > setup (aka init)
> > east# setup something
> > east# setup something else
> > west# setup something
>
> The problem of this is that you cannot run test manually, by doing:
>
> ssh root at east
> cd /testing/pluto/basic-pluto-01
> ./eastinit.sh
>
> [do manual testing things]
>
> So I would really dislike creating scripts that cannot actually run as
> scripts.

(Since I just hacked the CRL tests. For instance, splitting final.sh
into separate 'look' and 'shutdown' steps so I could flush out a core
dump during shutdown)

What about a <testdir>/run.in file, which, during test setup, gets
broken down into a sequence of:
    <testdir>/OUTPUT/NN-<domain>.sh
scripts?