[Swan-dev] regression in 3ecec8adc Re: [Swan-commit] Changes to ref refs/heads/master

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Thu Jun 7 18:14:17 UTC 2018

On Wed, 6 Jun 2018, Paul Wouters wrote:

>> It seems your fix need me to add hostaddrfamily even when the host has no IPv6 address and address family is picked using %defaultroute, just because destination has A and AAAA record.
>
> That is not intensional and seems to be an unwanted side effect. I will see about addressing that.

This is fixed now, but I have to see another testrun to confirm all
regression is addressed now.

>> May be it is a good idea for some advanced use case. A simple case should follow the RFC 3484 (gai.conf).
>
> That might be a good feature for the next release.

For now, if the left= or right= is either an IPv6 address or contains
%defaultroute6 or %any6, it will set the hostaddrfamily to ipv6.
Otherwise it will set it to ipv4. Perhaps in the future we can use
something like gai.conf, but remember that currently a connection's
"this" end can only be ipv4 or ipv6 and not either.