[Swan-dev] pluto: replace idiom delete_event(); event_schedule_s(,0,) with event_force()

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sun Jun 3 00:09:17 UTC 2018

| From: Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca>

| D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh at mimosa.com> wrote:
|
| | > commit 2efd341909033b9f83e027ebaaea1f4c2e0e7348
| | > Author: D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh at mimosa.com>
| | >
| | >    pluto: replace idiom delete_event(); event_schedule_s(,0,) with
| | >    event_force()
|
| But nothing is "forced" here. It is really a re-scheduling of an event.
|
| So maybe the name event_replace() or replace_event() is a better name?

I think that it is forced: discard the next event; do this event; do
it now.  Not much of a window for the system to have second thoughts.

The name event_replace does not suggest that the event is to be
scheduled for now.  I guess event_force only weakly suggests it.

My original name had "now" in it, but that got confusing with
struct now_event logic.