[Swan-dev] Vendor ID ambiguity

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Tue Jul 31 21:23:42 UTC 2018

I think that Vendor ID sending is kind of screwed up, particularly our
own Vendor ID.

Each case where we emit our Vendor ID is conditional on c->send_vendorid
(good).

- aggr_inI1_outR1_continue2_tail should send it but does not

- aggr_outI1_tail sends VID_LIBRESWANSELF (== libreswan_vendorid)

- main_outI1 sends pluto_vendorid

- main_inI1_outR1 sends pluto_vendorid

Is there any reason for these to send different collections of Vendor IDs?
I would guess not.  I'm working on function to encapsulate this once
rather than have four diverging chunks of code.

I don't think you answered my question.  Which is correct:
libreswan_vendorid or pluto_vendorid.  Surely not both!