[Swan-dev] Vendor ID ambiguity

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Tue Jul 31 03:53:29 UTC 2018

Some of our code emits our vendorid payload using libreswan_vendorid
as our Vendor ID using

	out_vid( ..., VID_LIBRESWANSELF);

and some uses pluto_vendorid, via ikev1_out_generic_raw().

Those are two different things,

Which one is correct?

I'm operating on the code and I'd like to get this right.

My guess is that we want to use pluto_vendorid when emitting our
Vendor ID since we allow it to be manipulated by flags.

If so, we (I) ought to rejig things so

- VID_LIBRESWANSELF maps to pluto_vendorid

- libreswan_vendorid is removed from the code

Alternatively, we could leave VID_LIBRESWANSELF but not use it for
emitting our Vendor ID.

Any thoughts on this?