[Swan-dev] /dev/random slows testing a lot

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 16:29:36 UTC 2018

On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 at 08:53, Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca> wrote:

> > I'm not sure I follow.  The above is part of the kvm-keys target so is
> > only run when keys are missing - once in a blue moon.
>
> It shouldn’t as the dnssec signatures time out after a few days or so? It should be rerun at the start of a full test run.

The real number is:
  KVM_KEYS_EXPIRATION_DAY = 7
for re-building all keys.  If the keys are older than that then 'make
kvm-test' dies.  Should it be shorter?

The argument against re-building them for each test run is that it
causes test results to unexpectedly change (testing.libreswan.org
forces a key re-build before each run).

Andrew