[Swan-dev] status of failing tests

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Sun Feb 4 21:19:48 UTC 2018

On Fri, 2 Feb 2018, Andrew Cagney wrote:

>>> - early stop?
>>>  testing/pluto/klips-netkey-pluto-06 failed east:output-different
>>> west:output-different
>>

>> if final.sh runs a status or trafficstatus and also shuts down pluto for
>> a leak report, there is a race between nodes. If one shuts down fast,
>> the other won't see the proper status because it will have processed the
>> deletes from the other peer's shutdown. The rule is to not have status
>> and shutdown in final.sh.
>
> This one is a no win.  We've too often missed core dumps because pluto
> wasn't being shutdown.
>
> What about wrapping the inconsistent output in --cut-- --tuc--?

I'd say the best fix would be to have a flag that would shutdown pluto
after all ends have send their "done" for the final.sh. Then only grab
the shutdown leaks/cores.

But it would have to be a flag, because often we run a test case, so we
can login to the hosts and look at the state manually, so we wouldn't
want pluto to be shutdown in those cases.