[Swan-dev] "make base" no longer works for me

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Fri Dec 28 04:56:31 UTC 2018

I write libreswan code on a machine that isn't set up to run libreswan.
I've always used "make base" to compile the code to see what the compiler
dislikes.

Recently, "make base" fails, after building everything (I think):

make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/hugh/libreswan/testing/enumcheck'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for 'local-base'.
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/hugh/libreswan/testing'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for 'local-base'.
make: *** No rule to make target 'make'.  Stop.

Why has this changed?  It seems worse for me.