[Swan-dev] pluto: emit_v2N's "critical" parameter since it was identical in each call

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Fri Dec 21 15:23:16 UTC 2018

Hugh commited:

     pluto: emit_v2N's "critical" parameter since it was identical in each call

I think this is a mistake. Rather, we probably have some notifies which
are not critical.

For instance, checking RFC 5685 REDIRECT, it seems this notify should
not have the critical flag set, although the RFC sadly doesn't say so.

The upcoming AUTH_LIFETIME would also be an example of a non-critical
payload. And I think the mobike payloads should also not have the flag
set (which is also not clarified in the RFCs)

I'm looking at some RFCs and it is badly documented. I'll raise that in
the working group.

Still, I think we should re-instate the parameter.