[Swan-dev] whack --debug {base,crypt,private,more}

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Fri Dec 14 19:51:23 UTC 2018

On Fri, 14 Dec 2018, Andrew Cagney wrote:

>> I am okay with this, but would like to hear from others before we move
>> forward.
>
> Paul noticed 'more' is no good - 'more' debug information must be better, right?
> So instead the very short TMI.

But Hugh did not like that. dbg_excessive() ? dbg_exorbitant() ?
(but we cannot abreviate those to dbg_ex() because then people think
"extra" which is also "good".

Maybe dbg_devel() ?  But perhaps too many people consider themselves developers?

Seems dbg_tmi() is still the best candidate? :)

Paul
or maybe dbg_oh_no()