[Swan-dev] wish: make target to run analysis again

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 21:59:58 UTC 2018

I suspect kvmresults.py is doing what you want.  It's default
behaviour is to ignore the previously generated OUTPUT/*.console.txt
and OUTPUT/*.console.diff files and instead perform the analysis using
the raw input files (the reference .console.txt, .pluto.log, and
.console.verbose.txt).

The options (see kvmresults.py --help):

  --quick               Use the previously generated '.console.txt' and
                        '.console.diff' files
  --update              Update the '.console.txt' and '.console.diff' files

can be used to change this behaviour (don't combine a running
testsuite with kvmresults.py --update).

However, I tend to use 'kvmresults.py --print diffs ...' (make
kvm-diffs) and even go as far as:
   ./testing/utils/kvmresults.py --print diffs
testing/pluto/basic-pluto-01 | patch -p1

Andrew