[Swan-dev] testing on f28

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 18:59:17 UTC 2018

If anyone is is curious about f28's test results, I've been publishing
them on testing.libreswan.org - look for directories called *-f28 -
here are some notes on how I've been doing it:

1. create a completely separate checkout, something like:
$ git clone https://github.com/libreswan/libreswan.git f28

2. within that directory set up Makefile.inc.local:
$ cat Makefile.inc.local
KVM_OS=fedora28
KVM_PREFIXES=f28.
KVM_BUILD_HOST=build
# KVM restrictions mean that the prefix needs to be short; could
fedora28.{mk,ks} be renamed to f28.{mk,ks} so KVM_PREFIXES=$(KVM_OS}.
works?
# KVM_BUILD_HOST=build is the speed up I've still not made default

3. create RESULTS/ so web pages are generated

4. run: make kvm-install kvm-test

6. if things screw up with the VMs, type: make kvm-purge

If you're feeling lucky you can try some shortcuts:
- tweak Makefile.inc.local.in an existing directory setting the above
- even just tweak KVM_OS and then do a kvm-purge

To publish the results on testing, I've been copying RESULTS/<result>/
to testing as <result>-f28/

- it is given a unique suffix, I've been using -f28
- at the start of a test run the directory will be added to the results
- be careful with -gHASH- which must be a valid commit, else it is
dropped (see javascript console)
- for the moment the results are included in the graph (perhaps non
-master results should be left out?)

Andrew