[Swan-dev] tests failing due to retransmissions

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Wed Sep 27 16:38:08 UTC 2017

I get a lot of them.  This isn't good or useful.

I ran the following script:

	for i in testing/pluto/*/OUTPUT/*.diff ; do
		if [ ! -s "$i" ] ; then
			: no difference
		elif grep '^[-+][0-9]' "$i" | grep -v "retransmission" >/dev/null ; then
			: echo $i not just retransmission
		else
			echo $i just RETRANSMISSION
		fi
	done

Today I got 55 lines listing diff files containing only retransmission
messages.  That means 55 extra files that I have to examine
pointlessly.

What should be done?

Should we calm the hair-trigger on retransmission?

Cagney: could you put logic in testing/utils/kvmresults.py that
reports differences that are only due to retransmissions in a way
similar to the way it reports differences only due white-space?