[Swan-dev] Converting all test cases to not use ipsec.conf.common

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Wed Sep 27 00:36:03 UTC 2017

Hi,

We have talked about this in the past, but before I go ahead, I wanted
to ask if anyone objects to the test cases being converted to standalone
configuration files that no longer use or need ipsec.conf.common.

The advantage is that each test case is its own documentation case. This
is very useful to our users. Right now due to the also= includes, this
is useless to endusers as documentation.

The disadvantage is that any changes that upto now could be made in an
also= conn that is included would effect all the conns that use it.
After this rewrite, there is no easy way to edit an include file. For
example, if we change the rsw RSA key on west, it means changing all
the raw RSA testcases to update the *.conf files.

I've made the changes that allow me to use ipsec readwriteconf to
convert all test cases in an automated way. If I hear now object this
week, I'll go ahead sometime next week.