[Swan-dev] crash after pluto: Fix addresspool reference count

Antony Antony antony at phenome.org
Fri Oct 6 15:57:31 UTC 2017

On Fri, Oct 06, 2017 at 10:51:38AM -0400, Paul Wouters wrote:
> I've reverted the previous patch, then tested with this patch only. It
> did not cause regression for me. So if Antony is fine with it, we can
> merge this last patch in.

I am still hunting the original bug. I am possibly missing some information
to reproduce it. Now there is a test case which is very to close to the
reported one. IKEv1, XAUTH, psk , two clients connectig.

Paul, Could you please run these tests on v3.21?

Run xauth-pluto-24-lsw299 on v3.21

And config files to review are:
xauth-pluto-24-lsw299/lsw299.conf the original conf.
xauth-pluto-24-lsw299/east.conf  with east IP address.

Related tests, I think which doing same thing two client and addresspool.

xauth-pluto-22 - another psk
xauth-pluto-23 - x509

Wolfgang,

 when do you see crash on 3.21, on the server.
 When second connection come up
 Shutdown ...?

 you mentioned two clients. Do they establish?

 Also if you could review the config that would be great.
 https://github.com/libreswan/libreswan/blob/master/testing/pluto/xauth-pluto-24-lsw299/east.conf

https://swantest.libreswan.fi/results/blackswan/2017-10-06-swantest-3.22dr2-549-g672f369be-master/xauth-pluto-24-lsw299/OUTPUT/

FYI: I tried without debug=all just one line in setup section.
config setup
	logfile=/tmp/pluto.log

Also without that, still no crash yet.

thanks,