[Swan-dev] --impair

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Thu Oct 5 19:23:49 UTC 2017

On Thu, 5 Oct 2017, Antony Antony wrote:

>> --impair ... now works?
>
> what I added is
>
> ipsec whack  --debug-all --impair drop-xauth-r0
>
> ipsec whack --impair-drop-xauth-r0 do not work.
> unrecognized option '--impair-drop-xauth-r0'
>
> I am confused why we have two methods. When I looked enumcheck-01 had  other
> unknown changes, so I didn't commit. It seems you are saying enumcheck-01
> should have noticed me adding  --impair drop-xauth-r0?
>
> What need fixing? May we should allow only one method.

I'm also unsure why there are two methods. Or what was wrong with the
first one. I understood it was split off from debug, which is good so
we can presumably run the impair without causing modified debug levels,
which means we can remove the --debug-all from all impair calls. Whether
there is a minus or a space doesn't matter to me, as long as it is
obvious how to specify multiple impairs.

Since impair should never be used in production, there is no reason to
keep an old API around. So please kill one of the two.