[Swan-dev] Converting all test cases to not use ipsec.conf.common

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 16:09:16 UTC 2017

On 4 October 2017 at 10:38, Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca> wrote:

> But for that same reason, adding retransmit-interval=2000 everywhere is
> not good because people will copy that from our examples. And Antony is
> right that using RETRANSMIT_INTERVAL_DEFAULT=2000 as compile time value
> would address that. I still don't like running/testing code that doesn't
> match real life though. But it's a weak argument and as Antony pointed
> out, if you set it in almost all cases anyway, it is practically the
> same thing.

I think --impair-retransmits almost but not quite does what we want
(suppress a re-transmit when testing that the first packet dtrt).  It
doesn't leak into the config file; but it does [correctly] log the
impairment. --impair-logging-of-impaired-retransmits or perhaps
--impair-do-not-even-schedule-retransmits :-)