[Swan-dev] Converting all test cases to not use ipsec.conf.common

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Wed Oct 4 14:38:30 UTC 2017

On Wed, 4 Oct 2017, Antony Antony wrote:

> How about one level of "also="

Unless it is in the same file, it would make the test cases not usable
as stand-alone documentation, which to me was the main reason for
wanting the change.

> swa-prep will copy /testing/baseconfig/etc/ipsec.d/westnet-eastnet.conf to
> /etc/ipsec.d

If swan-prep constructs config files, then they are not useful as
documentation. We can't expect people to look in different testing/
directories to splice together a config file from the git repo or
the testing.libreswan.org page.

So I would rather still get rid of all also='s

But for that same reason, adding retransmit-interval=2000 everywhere is
not good because people will copy that from our examples. And Antony is
right that using RETRANSMIT_INTERVAL_DEFAULT=2000 as compile time value
would address that. I still don't like running/testing code that doesn't
match real life though. But it's a weak argument and as Antony pointed
out, if you set it in almost all cases anyway, it is practically the
same thing.

Ideally would be to increase the smartness of the sanitizers, but that's
the most work.