[Swan-dev] xauth_send_request has a comment that confuses me

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 18:36:15 UTC 2017

> I don't think this is happening in a thread? Only alwaysok/file/pam
> authentication is happening inside a thread. All the rest of xauth
> happens in the main process. (I thought Andrew had pulled out
> alwaysok/file from threads but I guess he didn't end up doing that)

It does the following:

- performs everything on the main thread, but but wait there's more

- right at the very end create of an xauth thread who's only task is to
schedule an event to report back that things passed/failed

while horrible it was easier than figuring out how to get the IKEv1 and/or
event code so that things only sometimes suspended

(clearly the thread bit in the middle is just a tad excessive :-)

> In fact, I just removed the pthread include from ikev1_xauth.c :P

ah, I missed that one